Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Bananas

So my sister thinks I am going Bananas. Perhaps…
It doesn’t help that the weather here in Southern California SUCKS! The last few weeks have been COLD, windy, overcast or rainy, etc for all except a few random days.

So I am a little cooped up…Whatever. Here are some lovely statistics that might give you an insight to my insanity.

Number of days since I (voluntarily) left my job, without considering that the end of the year might not be a good time to look for a new job: 102

Number of jobs I have applied to: 1,020 (rough estimate, assuming I applied to 10 jobs a day for 102 days. I could count since I have them all printed in my job hunt binder, but that would take too much effort)

Number of interviews I have had in this time: 13

Number of offers said interviews have yielded: 0 (including Starbucks, who emailed a rejection letter to me apparently when I was walking out of the store, so that it was waiting for me when I got home from the interview. I hadn’t even finished my coffee.)

Number of Temp jobs (in days) my 3 different temp agencies have managed to send me on: 7

Number of days I have been away from Southern California: 22

Number of days I have been cooped up in my apartment (Number calculated by subtracting days away, temping and interviewing from total days since I left my job): 60

Number of Days since I quit smoking: 73 (Yeah me!)

Number of Cigarettes I have had in that time: 0 (YEAH ME! No cheating!)

Number of colds I have gotten since I quit smoking: 2 (both in NY, Thanksgiving & Christmas)

Number of days it has SNOWED in Southern California/LA in this time: 1

Current scheduled interviews: 0
Current scheduled temp jobs: 0
Current scheduled trips: 0
Current number of social engagements whatsoever: 2 (shows with CONJOB)

Number of times this post was deleted before I got it published: 2

Outlook is bleak my friends…bleak…

No comments: